TAPROOM SERVER • PART-TIME
We are seeking a taproom server to join our team on a part-time basis. The successful candidate may have an opportunity to grow within the company and may be eligible for benefits in the future. Evenings & weekend shifts are required.
Our taproom servers are a very important & integral part of our team. They are the first face our patrons see when they enter our space & are responsible for providing friendly, knowledgeable and prompt service to our guests. The ideal candidate is someone who is motivated & friendly, with a keen interest in beer and sharing that interest with our patrons.
ABOUT BARN HAMMER BREWING
Barn Hammer Brewing Company is a company made up of friends and family. We are proud of how much we have grown in the past 3 years and we would not be where we are today without the valued members of our team. We are a hardworking, humble and ego-free group of individuals. Each member of our team puts in the time & effort to create an environment that is supportive, caring and respectful to make our workplace feel like a second home. We greatly value each and everyone of our staff members.
As small craft brewery, our employees have a passion for craft beer. An interest in beer, whether fledgling or advanced, is an integral part of working at Barn Hammer. As a small business, it is important to us to have trust-worthy, good humoured, and enthusiastic team players who are eager to grow with us.
• Provides efficient, friendly, quality service to taproom patrons
• Provide guests with knowledge of beer & brewing process
• Stocking kegs, cans, bottles, glassware
• Ability to handle cash and credit card transactions efficiently & perform daily cash outs
• Manage taproom cleanliness throughout shift
• Perform opening & closing duties (sweeping, mopping, cleaning washrooms, garbage disposal, etc)
• Assist customers with growler fills & keg rentals/returns
• Sell merchandise
• Excellent problem solving skills & attention to detail
• Smart Choices certification (formerly Serving it Safe)
• Self motivated and able to work independently
• Experience serving or bar-tending is an asset
• Knowledge about beer styles & brewing is an asset
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Must be available to work evenings & weekends
• Must be capable of lifting upwards of 80lb kegs
Complete a Taproom Application Form
Submit your completed application form, cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application process is confidential. Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
References are appreciated.